My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 01, 2013

Hi All,

A strange day...I cut ties with another site that I enjoyed posting on due to a misunderstanding and even though I have refused to respond the flack continues...well if nothing else it shows I am interesting. I'm controversial it seems. I don't know how I feel...am I sad, bothered or just sorry that people have a wrong opinion of me? I have not mentioned anyone or the site I used to post on and still it goes on. I am thankful of the support I have had when most needed(and an occasional kick up the behind)

That sounds harsh its not meant to be but I have had to defend myself and when you do that you can come across as hard or if you admit you have been hurt you come across as though you have no backbone.

If you read my blog and have over the years that's for you to decide. We all have our own situations to deal with and see things from our own point of view which will not always be how others do. Even when critical of me I try to see "All" points of view and even if I beg to differ I will treat everyone with respect.

I will add I am not looking for sympathy which some have suggested nor am I full of woe, I think I have come on leaps and bounds and if I appear to be doing well, its due to being positive. I never intend to come across as superior.

What can I tell you...not a lot to be honest.

I am continuing to go through the remaining items of Mum's but it cannot be done quickly.

You get surprised. I have mentioned that I hope to attend a concert, a tribute to raise money for a popular comic performer who passed away earlier in the year. One performer who is to take part in the show is Bernie Clifton, you forget having watched these performers for years and them being  part of your life they are elderly in age but not necessarily in attitude. I hope that I can remain interested in what goes on around me should I live to a decent age.

I discovered that he plays trombone in the music group that follows the England football team in various parts of the world, I have heard them but never knew that, nor that he was a singer with a dance band.  Though he has been better known to TV audiences for his comedy, to be honest I have not seen him for many years, then yesterday on Radio 4 he told of his love of Operetta and the tenor Richard Tauber. This documentary then followed him as he was voice coached and appeared in a concert singing music in the style of and what Tauber would have sung. So interesting. He also did very well. I'd link to the programme but they are only active for seven days.

Most of the concerts I attend are free/cheap or saved for over many months and I am able to do so by redirecting money from somewhere else. I don't think it comes out at too much, often as little as £1 - £2 per week.

9 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Hi Gildy.
I know what you mean about cutting ties with certain websites.
I, too, have cut ties with a certain site which you and I both used to frequent.
I can't stand people who have only one point of view and resort to name calling and bullying if someone offers a different view.

Your mentioning Richard Tauber brought back memories.
I remember my mother mentioning that he had died - in Guys Hospital, London, if memory serves.
I was just a small child - maybe 7 or 8 at the time.

1 November 2013 at 14:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm having to justify myself for my views/the life that I lead which is sad.

Even having a gardener(even though usually Mum and myself)have been fortunate to have someone who did it for free or very cheaply and for 5 months nothing needs doing and can be done within an hour.

Oh well...

1 November 2013 at 16:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

There are some lovely vocalists from times past but sometimes the recordings let them down and they need cleaning up.

1 November 2013 at 17:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The recordings...not the vocalists :o)

1 November 2013 at 17:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there Gildy, ;0)

Good job you've got this blog, you can post away here and know that with moderation on, you can control what is seen.

Some people have been greatly toughened by life's experiences; it makes it impossible for them to empathise fully when they see what they perceive as weaknesses. It can become a pack mentality - that's how those perceived as being vulnerable are attacked instead of protected.
Sad, but it's a fact. Anyway, no attacks here.

Winter approaches and your good preparations will pay off; with sensible use of your outdated but still reasonably efficient heating system you will do fine. Just remember to leave your mind open to improvements. My new heating system is a damn sight more efficient than the one it replaced, and I am profoundly grateful for the comfort.

1 November 2013 at 23:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you...its good to have you along...

1 November 2013 at 23:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks to another Anon,
You hopefully know who you are :-)

Its seems funny in all the time I have had this blog I have posted all comments and the last day or two have had to fend off a difficult one but also some lovely posts that I want to post but think I should leave as read by myself and I do appreciate.

Thank you.

3 November 2013 at 15:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's absolutely appalling the way certain people treated you "over there", on a so-called "support" thread. I guess the "support" only applies to a select few.
I'm amazed that the transferring of issues from your blog to the board didn't lead to a banning.
Your posts were always nice and so supportive of others.
You certainly don't have to apologize for having built up a social life for yourself or for having an opinion.

Take care.

5 November 2013 at 04:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Again, thanks to another anon...I so appreciate the comment. You can remain anonymous or use any name you wish within the post(if you do I can then acknowledge that your comment reached me)and you know its you.

I hope that you do. If you posted around 4.20am you'll have an idea. I feel quite relaxed all things considered.

5 November 2013 at 09:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home