My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

So On The Way Home From The Dr's...

I made my way to Tesco's(anyone outside of the UK)it is a large supermarket chain. There were bargains to be had in the reduced section. Anyone with a freezer could have stocked up for months ahead. If it was later and anything remained it probably would been reduced still further but I restrained myself, put some things back to avoid over spending but did come home with a package of free range chicken drumsticks and thighs from the Finest Range worth £6.80(I paid £3.60)and two beef steaks worth £4 for £2.40.

I can get quite a few meals out of those and if I dice the beef that will give more options and is better for me than sitting down to a big steak. On a limited income that's quite a chunk of money but if I am not spending on other items and spread what I have over a number of meals with vegetables that can be made to last and batched cooked I can do a decent meal for around a £1 or less daily so its quite inexpensive in the end.

The chicken package that was reduced was actually cheaper than the usual chicken on sale elsewhere in the store.

I've already had two servings of what was in the slow cooker...dare I admit? Should I? The chicken breasts I used were not in the freezer section of my fridge freezer and they were dated for June. But they smelt, felt and looked fine. They were cooked until they were piping hot and tasted great.

And I am still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home