My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Any Plans For Monday?

Not really. But my friend Ann on Twitter has given me the push to make a casserole/stew in the slow cooker again so I have a nice warm meal for the evening. Possibly, I can freeze or keep some for another day in the fridge. I have a lot of meat* and vegetables to use up.

Also, if it is not too late I could do with following Ann has been planting up some Winter Pansies for colour in the garden. I could do with something similar. The shop that I buy my bedding plants from has closed. It was also a green grocer. This could be a problem now that I will have to go off town.

The best greengrocer is now approx. 3 miles away. For flowers...I don't know. Probably 7 miles away and a nationwide retailer like B&Q.

I've had a quick tidy already and a kind of soup that is a kind of paste in a mug and you know what? Even compared to a mug of tea or coffee I have a lovely warm feeling inside** so just maybe I will have these more often, its also getting some nourishment into me. I have a cupboard of soups to get through and now find its really easy to make my own...lets be honest with a variety of vegetables, some meat, stock and slow cooker, its much the same. And it makes more than a can and is cheaper too.


*Mainly chicken. **Still warm 90 minutes later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home