My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

It's Late...

But I have just attempted to make some bread again...will it work? We'll see...practise makes perfect they say.

I'm kind of following the basic sourdough bread recipe by Paul Hollywood this time. Debating whether to be clever and add some seeds so its more of a granary loaf but I'll walk before I run. I used to manage baking bread so not sure why I've hit a bad patch. I perhaps should have gone for an ordinary white loaf. But I had some sourdough culture to hand so...

Whether my attempts work or fail I'll add images and tell you if I think they are worth trying and whether they failed because of me.

I mentioned making some shortbread so I'm looking at the following two possiblities...but wanting to be different by adding a light tasting of ginger.

Chocolate Dipped Shortbread

Nigella's Shortbread Fingers

My good friend on Twitter, Ann said do put up some recipes so why not. In fact I think tomorrow I may have a go again at doing some home made soup, otherwise the mix of vegetables will be wated or just steamed/boiled and put on a plate with meat perhaps. The other option would be a stew of some kind perhaps in a slow cooker. We shall see.

I'd still love to run a foodie blog but there are so many great blogs/websites its easier to pick recipes out and link to the original source. I'll try and find ideas that are nice but won't break the bank.

Generally, I think what is expensive is having to use a stove(electric or gas)especially the oven so if possible its handy if you can add a few items in there at whilst you are doing the main meal. To save money if you own a slow cooker, pressure cooker, microwave or halogen oven seriously think of using them or adapting your recipes so they are cooked in such gadgets.

Update:The bread I made in the early hours had risen quite well by 10am, I knocked it back, gave it another quick knead, placed it back in the bowl and its doubled in size again so I may give it a go in the oven around 4pm and keep my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home