My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Under The Radar...

I can understand authorities wanting to watch the vulnerable to see they come to no harm but my experiences with authority over the years I prefer as little contact as possible and I am sensible enough to ask for help when required. I now have a variety of people who would miss me if I was not around. Who phone me. See me at a couple of social type clubs on the town etc...

Therefore I do resent the way I am spoken to and treated by the two "Goons" that visit from the Housing Association all too often these days.

I was allowed a life before losing Mum and for some time after but now there are a pair that visit and come across as awkward, troublesome and a bit skitty in their manner. And though they said they'd leave me alone unless I made contact with them until next year for an annual visit. When here yesterday they insisted on looking around the house again. What are they expecting to see? Its the same as the last time which they were happy with.

Clothes are hung in wardrobes/in cupboards, two bedrooms are practically empty of any furniture, lounge only has a small cabinet, TV and sofa, dining room has a small table and chairs. The kitchen has the usual stuff. Its not cluttered and when they originally called some months back I was castigated for actually having a clear out.

The garden has always been tidy and looked after. Only a little untidy in the last 4-6 weeks mainly caused by the weather and getting a new gardener. And already we're on top of that within two days. I can tell you there are homes in the area(one across the road much worse than mine)

Most people think I am being intimidated and its disgraceful(I feel I being treated like an idiot)as though I'm not all there or don't fit a stereotypical view of someone. I have no idea why. I think I am switched on and dare I say intelligent.

I have an appointment with an advice service about the drain situation next week and I am seriously thinking of bringing this up with them whilst there. I am with my Dr this afternoon and may mention it to him if there is time...I like as many people to be in the picture as possible.

I'm not paranoid or imagining what's going on and though anecdotal I am not alone regarding the dislike of the Housing Association we now have to deal with. I have overheard too many stories over the years for them not to be true.

I can add that I have the support of my Dr and details are on my medical records so I have someone and somewhere to go to if I need help. Blessed with a good Dr(I dread when he decides to retire)and I don't mind it being on my records. He also supports my stance to avoid being forced to accept help from Social Services etc...

6 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

For what my two pennyworth is worth, I would suggest that you always have a friend present when these people are due to call.
Otherwise, what is said is your word against theirs.
I agree with all you say in this posting, Gildy.

25 October 2013 at 18:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you VQ. Having had this happen to me how many others are being treated similarly, its almost like having to worry that you will be sanctioned.

It was bad enough dealing with authority figures when Mum was ill and I felt I was being shut out of her life in those final months and that we might be separated.

The state is to be feared it would seem.

25 October 2013 at 20:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


These people all do their job in that they tick the boxes on their job sheets and go through the motions,but the fact is nobody 'cares' anymore and have forgot how to be human- or whatever it is that raises us above the animals.I dread the thought of getting old in this country.


Further to VQ's reply I am sure your able to set up some discrete recording device so that you have at least a record of what they have said.

Ziggy

26 October 2013 at 09:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Ziggy,
I think if we talked to the population at large most fear getting old and more because of how we are treated than age itself.

Good point that about trying to set up some kind of recording device.

I may take some images soon to show you how "empty" "Uncluttered" my home is and why all these visits are un-necessary. And their original concerns were temporary and they've been heavy handed.

26 October 2013 at 10:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


If yu take pictures,have a newspaper headlines in view as this will give some proof of the time you took the photographs and your not showing a picture taken a while ago..

27 October 2013 at 14:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Good point...though I have support from friends and some neighbours who know me and the camera shows a folder of when images are taken too.

Just posted two images of my garden to be going on with on another blog entry.

27 October 2013 at 15:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home