My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Alnwick Castle...


Alnwick Castle in Northumberland. Too expensive for me to visit. Perhaps next year with E Heritage ticket.

I had enough time when at the Alnwick Food Festival to look around the town's magnificent castle but to be honest to do so is not inexpensive.

But perhaps next year if I am still mobile enough and pace myself I will invest in an English Heritage season ticket. Then try to visit a few historic sites across the region and beyond which will justify the cost allowing me to see more for my money...doing that works out at around £1 per week.

Have discovered some extra buses are being introduced in October which will make travelling to Northumberland easier, now if something similar could happen in parts of Durham and Yorkshire that would be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home