My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Last Week...

I was at Alnwick's ninth food festival, last evening it was back to normal in a supermarket...where I spent I'm afraid to say around £21 and again say "What On?"

Then again when I finally came home it still seemed too much...in another way, much of what I have will last me for weeks and comes out more like £5 per week.

The Flora Buttery Sunflower Margarine was on offer so I got two for the price of one and it won't be wasted, making them only £1 a tub. I did buy some fresh food/salad but the rest was canned food and in the value range but most will give me a decent meal if combined with other items in my food store or some will give me two meals from one can.

I am determined to bake some bread but try more than a basic loaf. Today as I am still waiting for the sourdough culture to take again I purchased some Panini Rolls and a Farmhouse Loaf from the instore bakery and both are seeded. Well, I have all kinds of seeds and fruits I can add to my own home made loaves or coat them with. Which will give me more fibre and goodness.

What made it different today is that the local supermarket has upgraded their checkouts. They've installed more reliable self service units but now have added some where you go around the store with a handheld scanner and scan your goods as you shop. You go to the checkouts, pack your scanned goods and pay and have no scanning to do at the end of the shop. I have to admit I was quite impressed even though I fear it will mean some staff being let go or made to work part time.

There must be some way they can tell if you have scanned all the goods you've paid for but for now a lot of this scheme seems to be based on trust. Time will tell.

Well, its an early start tomorrow...the Dr's surgery for a flu vaccination, a trip to the local railway museum,  I promised to take some photo's as someone I know is booked to drive a steam train at 11am and the if time allows(alone or with him in tow)I hope to take off to Durham City again and see a tournament between some Knights that is being staged. The weather appears as though it is going to be kind. So here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home