My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's Over For Today...

It was an early day and I had to have a flu jab at the Dr's surgery and they decided to give me another to protect against pneumonia. They said the pneumonia jab is a one off offering protection to 20+ strains of itThe surgery opened at 9am and already had a queue around the block by then and two Dr's/two Nurses were working flat out on the clinic. The receptionist taking details of all attending got my DOB wrong three times before getting it correct and managed to add twenty years to my age which made me 75

Do I really look that old?

Then I was off to take photo's of my colleague driving a train at a local museum but personally it was a disappointment as we are talking of such a small amount of track and I would guess we're talking 30 seconds in either direction.

We ended up in Durham watching a battle re-enactment society from Hartlepool. That was fun. I was at the second show but found this which gives a flavour of the day. Get Dressed For Battle.

I would have paced myself, if on my own...sat a lot, perhaps come home earlier, not had a meal and avoided walking as much. I did not manage to get into the few shops I wanted to. I have come to the conclusion most shops in Durham are expensive and not really for myself except a few shops that are generally available in most UK towns(mainly food)I guess this is because of the visitors being mainly tourists or at University. A better choice and easier place to walk is approx 10 minutes out of Durham and not as far as Newcastle and that's Chester Le Street.

My acquaintance likes a meal and I dread hearing him say that he's hungry, he can put it away...and its hard for me not to have one with him or get out of it. The first place was going to cost £16 for fish, chips and a cup of tea. We managed to walk out and go to an alternative and bring the same meal down to £8(I still did not like spending that)but I'll admit it was not as nice as the other restaurant and the fish had been sitting under those lights that keep food hot. So the fish to me was quite dry.

I was so tired after the walking and all the bus rides I decided I had to get a taxi to home even though it was only a few streets so I still spent another £3 on the taxi. I will have to find ways to save up until I get that back in some way which probably means not spending for awhile. What I spent would have paid for a few of my nights out over coming weeks.

But its over now and I am going nowhere for at least the next 25 hours, I am already laid on my bed taking it easy and I could very well doze off...

Update:I've already slept a fair bitand feel quite comfortable. Though where I was given the flu and pneumonia jabs are feeling quite sore.

What a difference a rest makes...if I was given time, I could do so much more when I do go out with another person.

A salad and chips, jacket potato or basically meat and veg would have been enough for me and I was OK until I came home, as I think more here in bed. Quick, easy and no money spent. I wonder if I can win back what I spent with a game of bingo...

Isn't it funny what comes into your mind from nowhere...minutes ago I thought tomorrow I am going to have some banana sandwiches. I haven't had one of those in years...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't fancy going out then I reccomend a book 'the unlikely journey of Harold Fry' what can I say about it, except its about life, cancer, Berwick on Tweed, regrets,mourning,Darlington,love,
faith to name but a few

28 September 2013 at 23:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks for the suggestion perhaps something to look at during the long dark nights?

29 September 2013 at 00:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home