My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Something Drops In Your Lap...

By chance there is a community centre in Coxhoe approx thirty minutes to one hour away by bus depending on the route and once a month they seem to have a concert on an afternoon with refreshments afterwards and tickets are usually £4 so this Wednesday I hope to see a ukulele band playing many different songs...another month there is a concert of music on the lines of The Great American Songbook introduced by Neville Wanless(a continuity announcer on TV/DJ on local radio)many years ago so something new to enjoy. These have been happening for years I suspect. Never been there in my life. Around the same mileage as travelling to Durham.

I can hear the rain lashing against the bedroom window and its really changed. Indoors it has been around 16c/62f all day and yet I feel warmer now than during the day, not sure why. Think I'll stay close to home again.

Update:My ticket was delivered today for Paul Jones local concert(ticket number 151 so I assume if they are being given out in the correct order not any old how)there is at least that many in the audience. It was made clear again today it has a religious/faith side to it(he's with his wife)but music is a big part too before I purchased the ticket so I will be interested to see what songs are included, what instruments are played and if others appear with them.

But the person delivering the ticket said he has heard that they are very good and its an enjoyable night. Perhaps I'll get a photo if I ask nicely, an autograph and it will be more intimate than the  theatre show.

It is good to get out if at all possible. It lifts the spirit, creates memories and you feel part of the social scene even if you come home alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home