My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Lord Of The Flies...

I have rarely seen any flies in all the time that I have lived in my home and the buying of fly spray is something I have not needed to buy but after these past few days I have given in and do so because I have been plagued with what I am told are fruit flies. I have no idea why.

Given time they'd die but I bought some fly spray today and its done the trick. Never thought that I would talk about this to others or on here but I did earlier today when shopping and I am not alone.

All were dead within 10 minutes and they were "Dropping like flies!" Sorry about that quip. Quite a lot of spray remains in the can. I went for the cheapest costing 82p the rest were around £2.50. Its not something I would use often and needed very little. I kept out of the rooms affected and let fresh air in afterwards to avoid breathing it in and kept any food safe.

On a different topic...

I found some sandwiches reduced in price whilst shopping with a portion of chips from the local chip shop. Simple but enjoyable.

Still little happening here but looking for something to do over the weekend, stay tuned as I am still on for the trip to Alnwick next week and my friend Liz(The Gingerbread Mam)is hoping to do some classes in making Gingerbread. And I am expected to be first in the queuegiggling emoticon It will be a first as I have never made it and never eaten it before. Lets hope that the weather is kind.

If any reader is in the North East of the UK or in the Alnwick area try and get a long to what looks to be a great weekend.

I could go out this weekend(never say never)but isn't it great that I am content to stay home. I don't want to spend unnecessarily as I want to save for the Alnwick trip. And I have enough food. But there are two events that I could attend locally. I was tempted to go to Saltburn and see if there are any signs of what happened a week ago with the weather and put some images up but I suspect they've been quick to put things right.

A few months back I saw Paul Jones(ex Manfred Mann)lead singer singing blues and hits of the 60's band in theatre with price to match...it was great. Later today I am attempting to get a ticket for a show he and his wife will be doing in October very close to here(3 miles)a musical night but also they are promoting their religious beliefs and faith. I can live with that. Tickets are only £7. There are quite a few performers that are on a circuit that combine music and a kind of talk like this these days.

Update:I have secured a ticket...and I should be able to get a bus home but not as expensive if I have to use a taxi. If lucky someone may take pity on me and give me a lift home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home