My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Not Much To Report...

The change in the weather and darker nights have kept me indoors. I have slept longer too.

I have been sorting out videos posted on line due to(as an ammended post on my blog mentions) someone decided that a video taken at a public event should be taken down.  I decided I did not need the hassle. That's as exciting as it gets.

I do hope that I can get out for a few more trips as Autumn is around the corner...I'm thinking a week on Friday may be busy as there is The Osmonds in concert, the following day possibly a trip to Alnwick in Northumberland(food festival is on)but I may also get a look at the town/castle and then on the Sunday an Autumn Fair at Raby Castle in Staindrop.

If I do I shall put details on the blog and hopefully some images.

On Sunday I attended a Remembrance Service at my local church and got through it reasonably well but the voice I had for singing has just about been lost probably because it needs strengthening and  I get little chance to use it these days.

I ventured out this evening and started investing in ways to stay warm even if I avoid putting the heating on(I hope the Winter is a mild one)

I decided I need new quilts(so tonight)I purchased a single and double, also some new pillows. The same supermarket had some nice scarves, hats and gloves too. Its gloves that I have been waiting for(having lost some)earlier in the year so I now have a pair of thermal fingerless gloves and await some with fingers to come into the shops.

To counteract this cost I hope I do not have to buy such items again or for a long time. And I managed to find some reduced organic brown bread and bread buns that had been reduced.

The bread is heavier than some which gives me hope when I start baking my own again as mine have been heavy but these taste nice. 18p a loaf is better than 90p.

Its awkward buying/looking for reductions because the local supermarket tends to reduce salad/food between 4pm-5pm but reduces bread around 8pm. So depending on what you need/want means you have to change the time that you shop.

You know how there are tales of people living on bread and water...I've been doing that more or less lately but come tomorrow I plan to get back to eating more fruit, vegetables and some meat. I'm getting ready to start using my slow cooker again and eat more meals associated with the colder months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home