My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 06, 2013

That Friday Feeling...

Not really...sleepy and haven't done much so far...

I called off the lunchtime concert. Hopefully there will be other times. And tonight I have the show with Paul Daniels to look forward to. I thought I may walk better to the bus stop/theatre if I did less earlier in the day. Also the weather forecasters got it right, its a rainy day and is said to be quite bad in North East England.

Update:I had no idea just how bad the weather was...we got off very lightly in my own area. But places that I have been in recent weeks and months...its hard to believe the difference. Areas affected Saltburn, Redcar, Middlesborough and Durham...seriously flooded and damaged.

Not knowing I set out around 6pm to see the show in Darlington just as it started to rain again, it wasn't nice but manageable. I had decided on only wearing a cheap gilet(body warmer)shirt, trousers and trainers. When I arrived at the theatre and coming home afterwards I heard and saw a few people saying how freezing they felt but though conscious of the change I can't say that I felt cold myself.

The show was great...it will(and has been admitted)by Paul that it is being tweaked for other dates on the tour and it was the first night. I would tell you what I saw but that would spoil it for others and magic is something that has to be experienced. There were card tricks, illusions but lots of comedy. And Paul is a master of patter.

Again, I'm not sure what has happened at the theatre because last year it was virtually full for every show I attended. These past few it has been seriously empty. It worked better with Paul because there were more in the audience and we were in a solid group near the stage, not dotted here there and everywhere.

Being short I was fortunate to be close to the stage but also I mainly had well behaved children in front of me so an unrestricted view. Also in the middle of the row I was sitting in. I was fortunate that just before the curtain went up an exceptionally tall person sat down in the row in front and missed me by one seat. Hard luck for the person sitting next to me...

Both Paul and Debbie met the audience in the foyer afterwards(and this was the one time I did not take a camera)and I got within inches of speaking to them but depending on a less than frequent bus service, I cut and ran to be sure of getting home safely and avoiding waiting for another bus adding another hour to the night.

I am very happy to have seen them and it was an enjoyable night. I now wonder how full the theatre will be for The Osmonds and The Hollies in the coming weeks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home