My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

David Frost...

Some people are just great and there are no arguments. I have watched/listened to him seemingly all of my life so far. He did change the way many aspects of television have been over the last twenty years both serious and satire/comedy.

Just as we lost another broadcaster who presented documentaries in his own way, Alan Whicker. The list just gets longer of those we have lost. I can't do justice to some of those that we are losing. And there is loads on the internet about him and already a lot of time has been given over with tributes but with 50 years of material to dip into and lots of archive material it is more a case of what do you leave out rather than what to include.

RIP David.

Update:The following day in the UK another great broadcaster was lost that I grew up with and for a number of years Sunday nights did not seem right if Mum and myself did not listen to the music show presented by David Jacobs.

Its not been a good year for losing quality broadcasters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home