My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Its Not Sedgefield's Fault...

But I went to see some of the annual scarecrow weekend but the weather was against me, I was not able to walk much and as they were placed around a wide area, I only saw two...and I had to give up. I did find a duck pond though. One scarecrow I have no idea what it was supposed to be but one imaginative scene in a garden had a Knight, a Damsel and a fire breathing dragon...I was told there was one of Red Riding Hood but couldn't find it.




Not a total loss, I popped into the local supermarket on the main street and found some lovely bread(an apple and beetroot loaf)reduced in price, some danish pastries and tomatoes.

In my own town I purchased the blood pressure machine and so far though I am unable to fathom out how to set the year, date and day...and have yet to save readings...I refuse to be obsessed and take many readings(once a week is enough)but I tested it today and my readings are good and better than when I have them taken at the hospital by the consultant or by my Dr. So without realising it I probably am not as calm when I have an appointment and they reckon you should rest 15 minutes before a reading which is impossible when you are walking around, being weighed etc...

I took a *reading minutes ago and Systolic Value was 103 and the Diastolic Value was 72 and my pulse rate was 70 that seems pretty good to me...

I'll take the information in with me next time I go for an appointment.

Funnily enough the bus driver who took me to Sedgefield even though he had a big route to complete brought me home and on another route tonight was driving that bus too.

*So ok I took another reading the following day, it was SV 118 DV 81 the pulse rate was 55. Now that is higher than the earlier one and still ok but what is interesting to me is that when the BP is up, that pulse rate comes down...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


The trouble is, there does not seem to be anybody coming up with gravitas to replace these people?
Another scary thought is that today's generation is going to be 'looking after us' in our old age or if we get frail.

2 September 2013 at 11:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Anon,
I assumme your comment is regarding some of the earlier entries I have posted.

I share your concerns on both counts. But have been heartened of late by some kindness shown by people younger than myself and talking with people on here and in "Real Life" there are still good people out there.

I still have some faith in Human Nature but am more cynical of the media and the ruling classes.

2 September 2013 at 11:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home