My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

I'm Wasting Time...

As Summer draws to an end I should be trying to get out and go somewhere but where? I cannot afford to nor do I want to spend money for the sake of doing so. There is a limit to where I can travel when dependent on public transport. Another example?

A Swedish choir is to appear at the historic church in Sedgefield soon on Friday night at 7pm but the last direct bus to my town is around that time and the last bus that will connect with an alternative one adds more mileage and again only gives me an extra hour so I would not see the whole concert.

There is a folk festival this weekend and its the same problem. In Bishop Auckland there is a concert starting at 7.30pm on a Sunday night but the last bus to here is around 6pm and alternative route only gives an extra hour but again lots of extra travelling. This affects what you can do and no wonder people stay in more these days. And I am talking of destinations with a radius of 5-12 miles.

Whilst I can and I dislike wasting money(wish I had someone to share a taxi with)if I am not spending money elsewhere perhaps I'll bite the bullet and if it is something I really want to see I'll pay for a taxi home or perhaps see if there is a hotel room available for the night and come home the next day.

But back to my topic I am doing nothing until Friday...other than a little bingo tomorrow night. It will fill a couple of hours.

So I am making myself do some housework that needs doing tomorrow...

Resting meant that though mobility isn't great I found I was able to walk to the music club last night considering I had missed the bus that takes me as close as possible I had little choice so it was nice that there was a little less pain. When I hit such a period I get some decent sleep.

Otherwise I fling about and then there are times where I think I have found a comfortable position but you know when you move again, it is really going to hurt.

So OK as I said I will take a blood pressure reading once a week but have been testing the monitor out and found the readings to be good and this is even when I am not as good as I should be taking my medication.

Its also struck me that some little imperfections that were an annoyance have disappeared without me doing anything to rid myself of them. An example I had very bad cracked heels with hard skin, they've got better themselves and I have no idea why.

Oh well, as long as I am ok on Friday there is something to look forward to Paul Daniels Magic show in the evening and a lunchtime concert of music from musicals with male and female singers and pianist. So I am doing something. The weather service says to expect rain on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home