My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, August 30, 2013

My First Visit To Preston Park...

The journey went easily and all buses connected as they were supposed to. Having gone with someone else I was unable to take the time I would have wished...taking in the park and the museum. I was struggling walking wise and would have liked to have gone at a slower pace and spent longer sitting down.

I will return alone again quite soon...

The park is very extensive and I only covered a small part which included a recreation of an old Victorian street of shops(that had a sweet shop selling traditional sweets)and a demonstration of working of metal in an old forge and in the museum building there are so many artifacts to study and take in...my colleague did not take that long to see what was being exhibited. Whenever I go with him he always wants to spend money and have a "Big" meal whereas I am ok until I come home or I take something with me. A cup of tea would suffice.



I know that there is a Butterfly World elsewhere in the grounds that "we" hope to visit.

The museum was the former home of industrial magnate(there is another park in the area named Ropner Park)Robert Ropner lived here but the residence was originally built in Georgian times 188 years ago. It has recently gone through a period of upgrading and improvement coming in at around £7 million.

It is set in grounds that also take in the River Tees that runs close by which I did not manage to see yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home