My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Put My Meter Readings Into My Utility Account...

I have kept the central heating off. Avoided using the main oven and kept washing to the minimum and was greeted with the news I have used more than last year*X( angry*:-O surprisebut the worst thing is that we all know prices continue to increase. And my present duel deal agreement is supposed to come to an end in October and I will have to go through the mill and arrange a new agreement. From what I see I will be offered the same deal(no better)but the only cooncession seems to be that the new plan no longer has a penalty clause if I decide to move to another supplier.

They keep saying(just like the new agreements for making the changing of bank accounts)they want to make switching easier but I cannot see any real advantage as they are all pretty much the same.

If I switch utility companies as I am trying to use as little energy as possible neither the utility company or me are much affected. And with little or no money the same is true of any bank that takes me on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this competition thing is just a load of nonsense, they all get their gas from the Russians and they all seem incapable of getting a good deal for themselves, so I don't think it matters who your with to be honest, its all going to cost about the same. So I stick with the same supplier. However I do find the oven is one of the most economical ways of getting some heat (plus bonus of cooking)if like me your worried about turning the heating on. I like you have kept it off, but I might give in if/when it hits below 5 ? but I can happily lay seige in the kitchen with the oven this winter LOL.

Jeff

Jeff

19 September 2013 at 17:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Great to hear from you Jeff. I think you are right, if we find a supplier that seems ok, eventually even if you are economic with its use, you'll pay more.

I'll admit that I am with NPower(for anyone living outside the UK)and even tied into a plan for almot a year they found a way to increase the tariff. They blamed policies being brought in under the green umbrella.

We are all being charged more for the upgrading of how we receive our gas and electric too.

I have been criticised in the past for not using my central heating but more people are trying to wait as long as they are able.

If you are managing to survive at 5c you are doing very well. I think the lowest I have seen since using a thermometer is 8c.

I'm lucky this year as I have built up some credit. I am even more prepared with alternatiive ways to try and stay warm. It will be put on only when I think my home is at risk or I may be at risk of hypothermia.

19 September 2013 at 21:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Luckily I have a chimney breast in the living room and have plenty of old rubbish to burn,I really don't think I can cope now with gas and electric prices, so the boiler only goes on for half hour in the morning for hot water.
cheers

Jeff

22 September 2013 at 09:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home