My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, August 23, 2013

The Redcar Beacon...

OK my opinion...

It is smaller than you think and there is less space on the inside so to some extent I was a little disappointed and it really cannot accommodate many people at once but yes it does offer a panoramic view of both the coast and the town. But not 360 degrees.

I won't say that I will never ever visit it again nor that I will not take better images/videos They may be better when I can give my full attention when alone.

Here are a selection of what "We" saw during the day...My selection is from the platform of the Beacon. And yes on part of the skyline there is still evidence of our industrial past and continued dependence on it. Most days you will see various tankers and freighters anchored in the distance in the North Sea.














I did not come home with much from the day out...a kind of little wallet to hold the credit cards I do use too often these days, bus pass and money. Some locally grown tomatoes from Stoksley in Yorkshire that are so beautiful and juicy(which I had bought more)and were well priced and earlier in the day I had haddock, chips and a cup of tea. That still came in at around £10 and as I was on a coach with others that takes the amount spent to approx £18 in total.  Under my own steam, I may have been stingy and made do with a portion of chips and travelled for free.

However, I will admit that the fish and chips were very enjoyable and a rare treat, it is good to just let go once in a while..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home