My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

I'm Still Here...

I awoke with not much energy but in a better frame of mind. The weather is dull. Thinking of giving the event in Darlington another go...but will see how I feel later.

Thought I could hear a very quiet click outside...looked out of the bedroom window to find the neighbour who promised to shear my garden hedge has been doing so and has made quite a big difference already...I am grateful and all its going to cost me is a few cans of Carlsberg. I think I have got the better deal to be honest.

Mentally I feel more upbeat today so that's good...

ETA: I found some Carlsberg Export 12 bottles for £6(normally £9)and the small 4 packs are £5.75. I think I got a bargain on the drink and also not having to do the work either.

And I'm sure he's happy!

I took another trip to Darlington hoping the Summer Spectacular would be more popular...it wasn't. The live music stage was lucky if 6 people were watching(and think most of them were waiting to do a turn themselves)

I saw perhaps 5 extra stalls and even the normal Saturday market was struggling.

A failure and nothing like the publicity given to the event or like the report in the local press(they were not at the same event that I was)


I popped into Poundland and found some Hessian bags for storing potatoes and onions to make them last longer...I think I'll get some more as I think they'll keep cauliflowers longer too. May work for bananas...

I found some permanent markers, shaving gel and some kitchen rolls. Exciting eh?

It has turned horrible weather wise. So I am now safely indoors and plan not to go anywhere. Just listen to the radio...another exciting choice...a documentary about eggs and a drama, Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility.

Mobility was slow and I am tired now that I am home but the heel pain has improved thankfully. Starting to think it may have been caused by gout.

As each day passes I do believe I am becoming myself again.

Its unfair to mention people without their permission and I often feel like apologising for being so political on Twitter(that's become my main outlet for such views)I would like not to be so political but circumstances have made me that way. I like a quiet hassle free life. To eat something nice, listen to music and the radio, I am happy doing very little.

However, who I follow on Twitter are few and select, many are in public life and I listen to them on radio but the reason they talk with me is because I treat them with respect. I have just responded to a lovely tweet from someone with a stunning image of where he is on holiday with his family...

A very good evening to you all and I hope whatever you are doing tonight you have fun x

I responded and was not expecting a reply but I did and how nice is this...

and thankyou for all your thoughtful and often kind replies

Of course some people want to be left alone and not talk but often when I hear complaints of bad service in shops or on buses etc...I rarely have such problems and I seem to find people will talk to me in most situations. So I do think it comes down to how you come across to others.

As I said before I never expected my neighbour to offer to cut my hedge...I have had young teenagers or people that could be seen as tearaways help carry shopping home for me...because I am approachable and non judgemental.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Just like you, Gildy, I generally find that people are friendly and helpful.
Particularly so since I have taken to my mobility scooter.
When shopping, people often ask if there's something on the top shelf that I can't reach or checkout staff offer to pack my bag. Fortunately, I can still manage.
Even when crossing a road, motorists wil stop and wave me across even though I'm happy to wait until they pass.
A smile and a wave goes a long way.














18 August 2013 at 09:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Morning VQ,
On this Sunday morning...I'm glad you are finding help being offered. I'm ready to accept it when offered and if I decide that I can cope I still thank them and say I appreciate the offer.

I also find if I struggle in a shop the same thing happens, I would anyhow because of my height but when they see me using my walking stick to bring something forward from the back of the top shelf 99% of the time they will.

And I will ask these days.

18 August 2013 at 10:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home