My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Having Mentioned Redcar In The Previous Entry...

The new camera has enabled me to take images that are clearer and can make some places that are distant larger so here is the Beacon on the seafront. I saw it for the first time earlier in the year and now realise why...it only opened in March. Perhaps on Thursday I'll get the chance to go up to the viewing platform and take some images/video's.
 


The Beacon is in the news today for all the wrong reasons shortlisted in some kind of eyesore contest. Others on the list can be seen here. The telling paragraph is that according the article the public(I don't know who was asked or how many)did not want it built. Always seems plenty of people using it when I go past.

The links have information and selections of images including the erection of the land mark.

Nearby is RNLI museum and on top of the building is an observation post.

 
 
 
An image of Redcar beach looking in the direction of Marske and Saltburn...
 
 
And finally near to all the above dominating the skyline is the following bank of Wind Turbines...
 
 

 
 If you are wondering what is making the noise behind the above video it is a fishing boat being brought onto the promenade from the beach as seen in the following image.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home