My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another Day Of Laziness...

But I know lots will happen as the year goes on and things will change as Summer comes to an end. However, I had a poor night's sleep and felt quite drained.

On the positive side I will hopefully be out again for the rest of the week so I am reserving my energy.

Tonight it is the music club(it seems to come around quicker every week)

Tomorrow possibly a trip to the local train museum again(I am told there is a seam train giving rides all day)but we'll see.

In the evening there is a concert locally starring a popular group of years ago(still going)Prelude. Their most famous song being a version of "After The Goldrush"

On Thursday there is a mini half day coach trip to Redcar on the coast, its a look out but I have seen it(often do now)when I go to Saltburn etc...but I will be with the same people I was when we went to Bridlington.

Now...come Friday I am thinking of(and I have just decided this)of visiting Preston Park for the first time in Egglescliffe but have yet to decide whether to enjoy the grounds(weather permitting)or go into the museum and catch whilst it is still on an exhibition all about the world famous acts that once performed at the Globe theatre and other venues in Stockton on Tees. The exhibition is only on for another couple of weeks.

There is another venue within the grounds of the park I must return to see(it may be too much trying to do it all on the same day...its a building housing a kind of rain forrest and has lots of butterflies.

Remarkably, I seem to have found a quicker way to go to and from Preston Park. The normal route takes approx ninety minutes but I may be able to do it in an hour.

It is my very first visit...its taken me over fifty years to do so...

On Saturday I hope to see the Street Performers on the streets of Durham City(I hope my camera battery allows me to take both videos and images)but video drains the power really quickly.

Sunday I really would like to go back and see more of the performers but have committed to going to my own town's annual show(but in recent years I have been disappointed)I may try and get out of going(a little white lie)or attend in the afternoon and try and get another couple of hours in Durham in the morning...

Then we hit Monday which as its a Bank Holiday there are many events taking place and I know I was supposed to be going to something but I have forgotten what. And I will need to hunt around the net to see if I can find what it was or find something else to do...unless my body decides I need to rest.

It may not be possible but I will ask if I am allowed to take any images for this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home