My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Plans Go Astray...

I did not get out at the weekend...the weather looked poor and I was too tired. It is a pity because there were a few events I was interested in...like a brass band concert in Durham. I found near to Durham and tied into the fourth cricket test match in Chester Le Street there was live music, entertainment and a selection of military vehicles being lent from Beamish Museum. Too late(afterwards)I found nearer to home a Victorian event with another Brass Band playing. Hot air balloon rides were on the schedule but they were called off because it was too blustery.

I have discovered that the 49th Billingham Folklore Festival is in full swing, I have never ever seen it. Again publicity is so poor that three days have already taken place, four if you count today. But again many events take place in the evening and you need a ticket, that is both expensive but a poor bus service means you cannot attend. If you are lucky you may see some of the free events happening in the streets during day time.

I hope that I get some more chances to attend/see some more events before winter sets in and/or circumstances make it more difficult to afford to get out and do what I am doing at present.

The problem I have developed is painful and debilitating and yet compared to those with many health problems it seems inconsequential. I have a pain in the back of my right heel. Laid down, it throbs, walking every step hurts like hell. A quick search on the internet suggests a few possible causes...bursitis, calcaneal apophysitis or achilles tendonitis. Hopefully, rest will put things right but it would appear there is a connection to gout and as you know some months ago I was affected by that. It may get better of its own accord or with some help via a Dr but hopefully surgery is not the option. I don't necessarily like self diagnosis but as I am very careful what sites I visit I am usually right. Even if it was the worst possible condition plantar fasciitis only 5% of people require surgery and that seems the least likely reason for the pain.

I did struggle to my Sunday at the local Navy Club, had a few games of bingo(I won a game)but was so slow, I missed that I had a full card and won £20. In a game with playing cards the next card to be called would've been mine and again I would've been £20 better off. In the quiz, we achieved sixteen out of twenty answers(the winners had nineteen)but considering that we did not answer two I think that is quite good and some cheat using their mobiles. A couple of trick questions were thrown in which we actually had thought the answer could be but did not go with our first inclination.

I say that I only went to the club last night but I did go to the supermarket...I was out of fruit and vegetables(either I had eaten all that I had or it had gone off)I spent too much but it will make a few meals and last a fair while. If I had won that bingo game that would have meant my shopping was free. However, I did manage to find some meat and sandwiches worth £18 reduced to £1 so that was a bargain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home