My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

They Don't Make It Easy...

Previously I mentioned that something happening on Sunday, its another food festival...I know, I know...how many more?*8-| rolling eyes

Well, its the very first one in the coastal town of Saltburn. Now, the disadvantage is my visit will be affected by public transport issues again.

The earliest bus means I cannot connect with buses in neighbouring towns that get me to my destination. So the earliest I can arrive is 12.35pm. I miss almost three hours. The other option is the local railway station(quite a walk)and an earlier train but this weekend the train is not running and a replacement bus has to be caught, that takes passengers to Middlesborough railway station and then you have to change to the train service.

But it does mean I will not miss much, if I go early I may have time to enjoy more than just the event. There is a free band concert in the bandstand. This week it is the Billingham Silver Band.

Getting home is a problem, if you do not leave early. There is a way to stay a little longer but it adds a lot of time and miles to the journey*X( angryOne route makes the journey last nearly six hours. On a normal day that can be reduced to approx two hours.

The people who take care of my emergency phone came back today, all is well. But get this, I told you yesterday that they never leave a card if they miss you, nor a number or message on the phone...today I was told, they are not allowed to. How crazy is that? If anyone is able to think of a reason why, I really would like to know because I cannot think of one myself.

I have had another restful day...

Made myself some salad sandwiches with the bloomer loaf I am using up(only containing a mixture of lettuce/spinach, some cheddar cheese, tomato and spring onions)drank mainly water, a mug of coffee and five *Jaffa cakes*:"> blushingmy treat.

Tonight my music club is holding an event to raise money for charities connected to Cancer in some way. So I shall get myself ready soon and make my way.

*For a short time a freezer shop chain is offering twin packs of Mcvities Jaffa cakes worth approx £2.50 for £1 so I may buy a couple.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The problems of bus travel have come to light in that a bus service is up for an award "The Dales Bus" runs on Sundays from Darlington and takes pasengers to various destinations in the Dales but so far I haven't found it when I have been in town.

Or perhaps the problem is that the first bus out of my town misses connecting to it. Must investigate further.

1 August 2013 at 10:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home