My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 26, 2013

I Wonder Why...

as I have been able to get out and about more recently, I have been feeling a bit melancholic in the past week or so...I'm managing to keep on top of it and hope it is just a blip. Perhaps its because I know when Summer is over I have to start clearing more of stuff away, look for documents and things misplaced during the recent run in with the Housing Association, I'll be back in the loft again, the only good thing is that I will be getting rid of rather than bringing more stuff in. Then there are the changes caused by Government policies etc...and oh yes, I need an operation and who would look forward to that?

Perhaps subconsciously they are in affecting me and are hovering in the background.

I must be getting old...I have to build up to doing something that requires energy, sleep/rest afterwards(often for a long time)and I often fall asleep without warning so know all about having a nap or 40 winks.

I did so approx an hour ago...I was about to listen to The Archers and Desmond Carrington on the radio and suddenly I find I had missed the first and missed half of the latter.

I must not sleep in tomorrow morning I'm supposed to be away to the Sunderland Airshow, my first. I suspect my camera's battery will run out before I take all the images I hope to especially if I take video's. But you may enjoy the link and seeing highlights of last year's show.

I will decide whether to take my knapsack or cool bag. I can manage on very little and if I make the effort to have breakfast even more so.

I'm thinking cereal, fruit and yogurt. Perhaps some toast with jam or marmalade(its been a while since I did that)

I may take some water, some fruit and I have some ready made sandwiches that were reduced, I can manage on two(they are worth £2-£2.50)high in calories, good quality ingredients like chicken, bacon, lettuce and I can add something else myself if I so wish. What I don't eat tomorrow I can on Sunday. And I will decide if I should do something else that day or stay at home. I have to plan but often decide on the day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

We all have ups and downs, Gildy. I expect you'll be bouncing back up pretty soon.
As for building oneself up to get jobs done,I have learned the hard way that when there's a job to be done, it's no good trying to do it all in one fell sweep. I now have to do it little by little. For example,when there's gardening to be done, I work for a quarter of an hour then come in for a cup of tea. After a while, I'll go out and work for another quarter of an hour and so on. It gets done in the end and I don't kill myself. It's the only way I can manage. I hope you have a great time at the airshow.

26 July 2013 at 23:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You know what VQ...that's the way I usually work. In stages and it gets done in the end. And when you only have yourself to please.

I'm putting all thoughts of what has to be done until at least October/November.

27 July 2013 at 00:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I should add I think that you are right about being up and down...

27 July 2013 at 00:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home