My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Twenty Five Years!

That's how long The Sunderland International Airshow has been going. I attended my first yesterday. Generally it was well organised and moving all those present mainly by public transport was managed reasonably well considering the numbers present but it had its moments.

My day started around 8am with a quick wash and shave. Knapsack packed with water, sandwiches(reduced in Tesco's the day before)and a four bar Kit Kat on offer(100% extra in the packet for the same price)and a couple of small packets of crisps(again on offer)

Out of the door later than planned, as its a bit of a walk to the bus stop and I'm slower than I used to be I convinced myself that I would miss the bus but all was well. I arrived at Durham bus station with approx 3-4 minutes to spare and boarded the service I had been advised to specially catch to the show but found no concessionary fares were being accepted so had to part with £5. But knowing what I know now, I could have caught another(for free)and found another way there and still been there in time.

Oh and well into the ride and with a full bus, it broke down but the replacement arrived thankfully within 5 minutes, the bus had a slow water leak that had been missed, warning lights and sounds started. The driver topped it up but it didn't help, with the temperature raised it wasn't going anywhere. As we changed buses the boot was open and I assume the plan was to bring the temperature down and get some air circulating.

The driver had advised a one way ticket as he told me an alternative way home that allowed me to use my pass. Lets say many buses that took us home after the day even as he had advised would  not allow the use of passes and it looked as though I would have to part with another £5 but depending which queue you were in, I did find some were free, I took a slight detour into the city centre and boarded another bus to Durham and back to my town and all the connections worked.

It was a bit confusing finding the right queue to stand in and the where the end of them were and I was directed(wrongly)into three or four queues before getting into the right one.

Everyone was well behaved, friendly and kind during the day, sharing what they had. Someone offered a chair they had brought for some of the time I was present.but at the end of the day I still managed to find the one person who had a nasty attitude and had a go at me(and did not like me answering/standing up for myself)

I was finding out whether I and others were in the right queue by hunting out a bus official and its just coincidence that this person was in a wheelchair but she started making her mouth go(and what a loud mouth)the only one who did, thinking I was trying to jump the queue but she was just nasty, the kind I could imagine always getting into arguments(and the rest of the family dare I say were the same)these would be the kind that would be seen as problematic by the media when they make documentaries(they behaved similarly on the bus)but its kind of funny "when I gave back as good as they gave" it was probably unexpected. One of them said "Don't talk to her like that!" I said "And don't talk to me that way either"

I'm so easy to get on with and placid trust me to get the awkward person. Forgive me, I don't usually judge people but did this time. I won't say she was common because that term can actually be positive and apply to many.

I was home around 8.30pm and realised how tired I finally was. But all in all a good day.

Look at that, I have posted about the day and have yet to talk about the event. Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home