My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bridlington...

Now...don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my first visit to Bridlington today but I was sidetracked and found myself not able to wander alone and at my own leisure but in a group. The group ended up spending more time in the typical gift shops you find in many seaside towns...and where I purchased nothing they purchased(and its only my own opinion...)tat! Things like a salt and pepper pot with the image of the singer Daniel O' Donnell on them.
 
I would have sat looking to sea and perhaps walked along the harbour but then again there wasn't that much at the seafront and everyone seems to end up shopping or popping into a local café drinking endless cups of tea.
 
I gave in and had a tea myself and yes Fish and Chips. Well, I won't put too many images up but enough so you may enjoy seeing the seagulls. So ok I took the first image with telephoto lens but these birds really are large.
 
  
I believe the following is another type of gull and was in the harbour moving around in the sludge whilst the tide was starting to come in again.

 
Another seagull in the sea ar the harbour drinking seawater which apparently they are able to do.
 

 
The following ship kept going  to sea with passengers but never really seemed to go anywhere. Just out of the harbour a little way. Anchor there for awhile and then return. It is decked out in a Pirate theme.


There is a lot of work going on which looks like the building of sea defence measures further along the beach and out at sea the following rig which we think could be drilling for oil or gas.

 
 
The following is the harbour/marina where ships and boats are moored, the tide was just starting to come in.
 
 
Finally, a general shot looking at the coast, the sea and beach but it does not show the work going on. The truth is when all the work is completed there will be more to see and access to a longer walk along the seafront. To be fair with more time I think there are more places you could visit in and around Bridlington by catching a local bus to perhaps some municipal gardens, parks and other attractions or places to visit so not a bad to base yourself etc...


  
It appears in the last 24 hours before we were in the town and this area Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles were walking around, now they would have been some images to feature here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home