My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

The 1940's Weekend Part One...

I awoke later than planned and changed my itinerary accordingly. Cancelled the trip to Durham, got myself slowly ready discovering that when I caught a bus I could be in Sedgefield in fifteen minutes.

So I am back from the 1940's themed weekend. Those who organised it tried their best but I decided not to drag the visit out. I'd seen most of what was there within an hour(I did stay for two)

As I climbed on the bus for home the female vocalist had valiantly battled on with a faulty PA system was doing so again and was well received. Sadly that same person appears to have complained after some months of one short video of her performing instead of seeing it as a compliment so I have had to remove it. It might've even got her more bookings. Though she is fully booked, I hope the images can remain of the day.

Its funny how so many video's are viewable on a popular website and remain there forever/years and others cannot, its all so complicated. I find its easier not to post or remove items so as you go through my blog if a video or image has been removed I apologise and you know the reason why.

Quite a few locals had made the effort to dress in clothes/uniforms of the time...If I'd had a meal(in a pub)or a drink I could have stayed longer.

It was a pleasant way to spend a few hours and was happy that I went. Its over 40 years since I was last there. I did enjoy my time but there isn't much there. Perhaps that's the attraction. Its quite unspoiled.

I actually like places like that to live in. But it does mean you need access to transport to travel around but well, there has to be a reason for people to come to such an area. I suppose such an event does just that.

Well, there is always a little bit of history everywhere isn't there? When I alighted from the bus I was greeted with the following...it is 306 years old.


 
I did not catch the names of the entertainers though I tried.


 
  
 

 
A Song And Dance Man.
 
  Look At This Cutie Dressed In Cap And Camouflage Jacket. Must Of Been Hot Though But They Did Go Home Quite Early And No Doubt There Was A Drink Of Water Waiting.

 
 
Replica Spitfire On The Green. £5 To Have A Photo taken In The Cockpit/On The Wing Next To The Cockpit.
 

Another Airplane And Below Someone Sings George Formby.


 


Not Many But Some People Danced.

 
 Some More Images In The Next Post(Again They Can Be Enlarged By Clicking On Them)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home