My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

After Thoughts Of The Durham Miners Gala...

I was almost run down by a brass band in Durham Market place and had to be rescued. I found that I was in the way and had to move my rucksack, some strawberries I had purchased and my walking stick. I was taking a photo, quite a distance away but the band took a different route to the previous few, I moved my gear but I could not move quick enough and had to be helped, being a long day, I was weaker than at the start.

Looking at the image(the leader is pointing his intention to go in my direction but they were so quick)I did not see that at the time. It was the Blackhall Lodge of the NUM Durham. Not sure how the bands are assigned to the various lodges and unions.

 
The Following band is unknown to me

 
The next band represented the local branch of the Unison Union
 


 
Didn't see many boards with opinions but these two were held up during the speeches. And these were double sided.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Hilario said...

Awesome!

22 August 2013 at 04:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home