My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another Day...

I'm sure I heard someone say this is our hottest spell of weather since 2002. They say it is the hottest day of the year at almost 32c at Heathrow Airport. Going to get ready and go out sooner than planned. Whether that happens is another matter. As I am at the theatre tonight watching a Proms concert I have suddenly thought I may sit in the grounds of St Cuthburts Church in Darlington which near the theatre and it has lots of shade provided by trees. The river Skerne runs nearby too.

Its something I have never done in my life.

Thinking of things to do whilst I have my travel pass and have the time I saw that a heritage site(well I think it is)there is Killihope Mine again never ever thought of visiting, not helped by seemingly a non existant public transport service but I have seen that there may be a service during the summer.

I have also found there is a Roman Fort in Binchester near Bishop Auckland that could be worth a look but that could depend if I can access public transport. Looks like that's possible and though it takes approx 30 mins to reach Bishop from my town Binchester is only ten minutes from Bishop so not too bad. That's two more places to consider visiting.

These ideas just pop into my head...

If I feel brave and am not stopped from doing so I may try and take some images at the concert tonight, sometimes they don't mind, sometimes they do. Sometimes people are warned not to by the ushers but I don't use the flash and I don't obstruct other people's views or make noise so I am careful anyhow. I am a bit of coward to be honest...but it is a way to remember an event and also makes my blog a little more interesting.

Many years ago I can remember a comedian/impersonator/singer on TV called Gary Wilmott and then he disappeared but appeared in lots of musicals in the West End of London. He'll have aged to how I remember him but he is the compare for tonight's concert. Then again...haven't we all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taaleedee said...

Do you really think free bus passes will go?

17 July 2013 at 23:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Its a tough one, they reall do offer a lifeline for many and few abuse them. I go for weeks sometimes before using mine and in Winter probably less.

They may still allow them for pensioners but the age of retirement may mean you will not get it at the age it is given now.

My mobility is poor and I still had to fight for it and had to be classed really bad but my benefit is being phased out, new rules introduced so many like me could be affected and find ourselves spending more time at home and not having a social life.

Even a ride on a bus gives you a goal and something to look forward to.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

18 July 2013 at 01:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home