My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Felt Like I Was Playing...

cat and mouse with the usher, as though I was being naughty. I could've taken better images and more of them. But I snatched what I able to and kept it to the minimum but I was not annoying anyone, used no flash or blocked anyone's view.
 
The worst image is of Gary Wilmott comparing the show. I had a clear view and had a section of the theatre to myself(approx 16 seats)My original seat was pretty good almost on the aisle but they were selling flags and hats, most of them were fine but one item was a nuisance. It was a headband with a kind of Union Jack top hat attached and when worn, it blocked the view as it was solid. And though few of those had been purchased, the person in front of me happened to have one.
  
How fortunate that I had all those seats to choose from and could move to another.
 
 


The above images of the British Philharmonic Concert Orchestra showing the set up before the show started and then when they had taken up their seats.


Jeff Moore and Anna Clare performed together and alone.
 
Gary Wilmott compared, joked and also sang but I was wary of over doing taking photo's.


 
 
We were treated to a selection of light classical and light music in general. A very enjoyable night. We had the usual popular Proms favourites, Rule Britannia, Jerusalem, Land of Hope and Glory, Nimrod, Pomp and Circumstance No.4 and some pieces I know but cannot necessarily name.
 
We had Ivor Novello, a selection of Abba songs, some film music The Great Escape, Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines, TV themes from series such as Top of the Form and Blue Peter and a favourite of mine the piece that introduced Paul Temple on the radio for years Coronation Scot. The Happy Wanderer, Oh and the song from the Kiss Me Kate's score, Brush Up Your Shakespeare.
 
Lots of flag waving and you'd think I'd be safe but someone managed to give me a hurtful glancing blow across my head. At first I wondered what it was, the thing is that no one was sitting/standing in the row directly behind me. They managed to do that from two rows away.
 
It was a good night and I was happy that I made the effort to attend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home