My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

What A Wonderful Night...

I was in an ancient church in Darlington.

 
It was probably the coolest place because of its age and being made of stone. When you came outside in the interval it was really hot with the heat rising off the pavement and very little breeze.
 
 
 
 
This is the best image I could take of St. Cuthbert's Church last evening and it was a lovely night of music. It is in the neighbouring town of Darlington approx 7 miles away. Performers included Flossie Malaville(my favourite)and Paul Donnelly accompanied on guitar, and the Sundial Singers took care of the first half. A varied choice of music was included and again Flossie's personality shone through. I even spoke to her. Soon I hope to add some of her CD's to my collection.
 
Though I was in the neighbouring town I met my own town's mayoress and her husband who it just so happens tweet but I have never met. I had not realised that they were married. Both are so genuine and friendly. Easy to talk to. I have seen articles in the local press written by this gentleman and they are always interesting often reflecting my own views. It is great that we now can put a face to each other. It was a pleasure to meet both of them. I kept looking and thinking "Is it him" but was thinking if I approach and have got it wrong...but I asked someone first to be sure and was correct.
 
Often its the local officials that give you hope for the future.
 
Here's some extra images taken a week later(also including a war memorial)but I am unsure whether it is used even on Remembrance Day any more.
 
 

 

 
 
The weather vane is actually a golden colour which the camera did not pick up and the telephoto lens could not enlarge it any more.

 
 
 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home