My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, June 09, 2013

A Little Rant...

You can say that the answer is not to support the following retailers in the UK and go to an independent one but the nationwide businesses of Argos and Tesco sell cameras by the Japanese company Sony.Recently I got a very good deal.

I decided I should have a spare battery for my digital camera and tried to buy one today in both these stores. In Argos I was told "We don't sell them, try Sony direct or the internet!" Tesco just said that they don't sell/stock them.

That's very bad. You sell the product but in theory offer no way of continuing to use the product when the camera requires a new battery. I get the impression this affects more than batteries for Sony products.

I have found an independent computer retailer in Darlington who will order them for me and the Sony version is £29.99 or there is a Duracell version for £19.99.

I will give them credit/publicity when I do. So thumbs up for them, thumbs down for Argos and Tesco.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But aren't they rechargeable? You should not need a spare battery. I never have for any digital camera.

9 June 2013 at 07:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I sometimes shoot video rather than stills and that only gives approx 1 hour of power. Then you need to find access to a power point to charge the battery. So a spare would help get around that.

And any battery will become exhausted and charge up for only so long.

Yesterday by the time I did my video and 8 still photo's power was very low.

Still want to post those video's but the usual way I did before on here seems to no longer work with the new video's via the new camera.

The sites I can upload to mean I post links rather than embed the video into the blog, it may ID my real name, eventually I may have to pay for additional space and there is some difficulty sorting out the size of the image too.

So lots to learn.

9 June 2013 at 12:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home