My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Got Advice On My Problem...

Had a talk with an organisation that advises people with housing problems...I'd have less rights if I was renting now and had not been a tenant for as long as I have but without getting them into trouble...they think that my HA have been underhanded, devious and heavy.

That procedures were not followed. That I should consider complainingt and that hopefully I'll get an apology/have the complaint removed. That I was at a disadvantage because there were two of them and only me on my own.

That I have a right to know what they are doing with the images and whats on their records about me and not to take the complaint up with the person who came out but hopefully someone who is independent.

He also suggested taking images of the house to show how tidy it is(as they did to support their case)he seemed to suggest in a roundabout way that it was strange taking images. That there was no mention they were going to inspect the house when they called and the reason for the visit was for something entirely different.

And getting an official warning is not what was said as when they called they kept emphasising they were only watching out for me and trying to be helpful.

He also thought reading my correspondence was wrong. So I have to decide whether to wait until they return and make the complaint or do so now.

Also to talk with CAB as if this is common practise and others are having problems it will flag up that there are problems with how HA is going about its business and CAB may raise concerns...

If it did go further I can seek legal advice...but hopefully that won't happen. I also have a councillor willing to help and access to my MP. So a few options open to me...

I have also nearly cleared another room that they did not go on about but it means all of downstairs is tidy and uncluttered. Toilet and bedrooms clear, just the finishing touches to the bathroom. The outhouse is clear and what is the passage can go into a bin when there is room. If only everyone else's was as tidy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to look at it from their position perhaps? I assume you don't pay any house insurance and that is down to them? -well posibly they may have experienced in the past tenents that have cluttered up their places and then had a fire and the insurance company has refused to pay out,leaving the HA with the large bill,so they have to keep these things in check otherwise they go bust.
The other thing they might be checking you for is if your turning into an Ivan Trebuss -Obviously your not- but they have to nip any signs in the bud-just a precaution


Lee

12 May 2013 at 20:57  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Lee,
I think they could tell by talking with me and my openess...but what they said was different to the actions taken and even where I received my advice from think that they are out of order.

12 May 2013 at 22:22  
Anonymous VQ said...

Good for you, Gildy. I'm glad you got some advice. Your advisor raised some very good points.
I hope you ate your quiche and are feeling better about things now.

13 May 2013 at 03:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What is done is done VQ. I dislike that the rights of renters is practically zero these days and they have been whittled away since around 1992 it seems from what I was told.

Annoying doing good(getting rid of stuff)worked against me. I was actually making the place better.

That doing so has created more mess but...the toilet, bedrooms, lounge,dining room, kitchen, hall, landing, outhouse are tidy.

Well on with the bathroom. I have some more items to let go in the passage and garage but that is not in the living area.

I probably feel more ready to do this having had it being a year of Mum's passing.

I am letting some more of Mums clothes and hats go to the charity shop today...

13 May 2013 at 10:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I understand Lee's point, I don't think this is the case here.

Normally, there are proper channels to follow with tenants an it doesn't appear they've done that at all.

This tells me they may have something else in mind.

Cover your butt, Gildy, and good on you for getting advice.

Jan

16 May 2013 at 11:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home