My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tyneside...


 
 
Obviously above is the world famous Tyne Bridge and in the centre of the river at ground level is the swing bridge.
 
 
 
 
One view of the Sage, the iconic arts venue on the quayside of Gateshead where many different shows by local and international artists are performed.
 
Kittiwakes along the ledge on the Baltic Exhibition building on the quayside at the River Tyne(once originally known as belonging to the empire of J Arthur Rank of both food(Hovis bread/flour mills)and Rank films the stalwart of the British film industry for many years...)

The best thing about the Baltic building is not the exhibitions but the views of the surrounding area from the windows and that would probably be the only reason I may possibly return. If I do though I'll always wonder if I'd bump into you know who.
 
 







The previous six images and videos were taken from the platforms available from the Baltic of the area. The following of the Millenium bridge were taken from a variety of  points but it is near to the Baltic. At various times the bridge is tilted.




 A different view of the sage.
 



  Different views of the Tyne bridge and Swing bridge.
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Good pics Gildy, hope you enjoyed your whole trip.

19 May 2013 at 11:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span,
At least I can say that after decades I actually got to an area seen often on TV but not in "Real Life"

Alone, I would have taken in the sights more. Walked across the Millenium bridge. Perhaps walked down to the swing bridge. Crossed over into Newcastle. Sat and taken it all in.

Would have come home earlier or stayed as long but not had to make a mad dash to get back to the bus station wearing myself out.

I don't think I will return to the Baltic, I think I am more likely to respond to paintings and sculptures that are seen as traditional.

19 May 2013 at 11:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are good pics, Gildy. Thanks for posting them. I'd never get to see it otherwise.

Jan

29 May 2013 at 23:57  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I hope the new camera will mean better quality Jan. Still working on how to post video without linking to You Tube(as I know it causes you problems)

Am about to see if I can get long video's onto my blog direct again...

30 May 2013 at 00:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home