My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

That Was A Long Day...

I think that I will sleep well tonight. My expedition to places I have not seen in years went reasonably well and my connections with buses were good. I was not left hanging around and to be honest I did not always check the times, I just arrived at the bus stop and fell lucky. Its a pity that the service declines in the evening...
 
So I started out in Saltburn and visited the Farmers Market hoping that just perhaps I have won a hamper. The market was smaller than I expected but the items on sale were reasonably priced and next time I attend hopefully I will buy more. I came home with a jar of homemade honey with added whisky. It is suggested on the jar it can be added to tea/coffee or with a hint of lemon you could make a hot toddy.
 
I took quite a few photo's of Saltburn and planned to walk on the pier and have a sit for awhile as I have never done that before but may next time I visit. It was quite warm so I sat in an area designated for having a picnic and had a good view of the coastline whilst I ate the bits and pieces in my rucksack. Then took a very slow walk(stopping regularly)I will post a selection of images that I took.
 
As I had seen everything quickly I decided to take an earlier bus and go back to Redcar just a little way up the coast.
 
The shopping area hasn't changed but the promenade has...I hope that it will be possible to see the sea and sit down but they have built big walls to defend against the sea and there is lots of fences and barriers as the work continues and parts of the promenade blocked off.
 
One area also has some wind turbines out at sea which dominate and are very big but they don't show up too well on photo's/videos but they are in the following video in the distance also a new observation building which I understand in the evening is illuminated. I hope the video is not too shaky.


 
 
I treated myself to a little gift in Redcar. I found for a mandoline slicer for £5.99 which is said to sell for £30 and a quick search on here on the John Lewis website has it listed at that price Zyliss Folding Mandoline there was a more expensive one for £10 but I thought this good enough for the amount of times I'll use it. I can cut/slice various vegetables and fruits in varying widths. I also found some extremely long matches approx 18 inches long.
 
There was no point coming home to go back to Darlington for the show so I popped into the supermarket for some vegetables and bread but I still forgot to buy the bread as I have all day. But it filled the time...
 
So to the show...
 
Boogie Nights, a musical and an excuse to sing many disco hits of the 70's and early 80's.
Some of the audience really got into it and most seemed to be enjoying it but to be honest I was disappointed and bored. I must have been because I started thinking about what meal I was going to cook for Sunday and what should be used up first. I'd booked this ages ago and it wasn't cheap but three of those who were supposed to be in the cast were missing...three of the Osmonds Brothers. And that was my main reason for booking.
 
I'm tempted to say as they pulled out the price should have been reduced as I suspect the price was higher because they were in the show. That's just my own opinion and I could be totally wrong.
 
Anyhow here are some videos from the production(no sound)which they said we could take images(as long as flash photography was not used)
 
The fact that I have said so little about the show you can tell I was not impressed. I discover the original Boogie Nights had more of a story, this should have been advertised more as a concert featuring Disco hits of the time. Or did I miss that?
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is disappointing.

They all look like they're having fun though! :o)

Jan

26 April 2013 at 08:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I guess we're all different, perhaps it was me but I am usually so respondent. Perhaps The Osmonds pulling out affected things.

I sound a bit grumpy :o)

26 April 2013 at 13:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home