My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Having Problems Uploading Images...

As I wish to but lots of Saltburn By The Sea coming soon...

There are a few of the coast. A cliff face lift that is powered by water and has been there over a century. I did not use it myself(I never have)whilst I have access to a bus pass, I was able to board a bus and travel up and down the very, very steep incline/bank and avoid the many steps and travel along the top of the cliffs back to where I had started from.

I don't think the images need any captions as they speak for themselves...its coast, Saltburn Pier which is basic and the lift. Oh and there are some images of the Ship Inn which is pretty old and was once connected as many such places are with Smugglers.

I am really tired and it took some getting around yesterday ...I will be taking it easy for the next few days and having a rest.

The weather was kind and considering how cold it has been I was blessed but by last night it was wet and quite blustery. And it is cold again today. Update:As usual as often happens the sun has come out but always late in the day 5pm. And on a Sunday when buses are even worse.

Hope the weather picks up for the big two day food festival being held in Bishop Auckland next weekend. This will probably mean my planned visit to Chester Le Street to see the high street and ordinary street market will have to be put back as also the following week there is a show with a Beatles Tribute Band happening locally and travelling there and back is pushing it.

But it gives me something to look forward to...and I will try and take some images/video of the Angel Of The North whilst in that part of the area as promised a while back.

I have found out the Farmers Market hamper at Saltburn was won by someone other than myself...am I surprised.

I have lots of food to go at so will hold off on the reduced stuff at present and should I create some space in the coming days I hope to buy some treats at the two day food festival next weekend being held locally, except for bread and milk I probably could manage for over a month. Its just that it gives you an excuse to go out,

Also perhaps reach some of the other Farmers Markets around the area. I may just have to buy some fancy bread, cakes and chutneys/preservatives. Yesterday, the wine looked interesting but at £6.50 a bottle...no! I am seriously thinking of brewing my own again, it was easy and it tasted great(cheaper than the shops too)

I could not make larger as cheap as I can get it in the supermarket but if it goes up in price I may have a go at brewing some of that too...

I can reach approx four markets reasonably easily and if careful quite a lot of what is sold is not much more expensive or is similar to what you pay at the supermarket but a bit special and that goes for quality. Two of those markets are the same one but in different locations. But until I visit I won't know if any extra stalls are there.

Of course this assumes that I will always be able to use a bus pass(and have mobility)otherwise I'd be paying money I could spend on food on just getting there. It also assumes that I am around on the days that such markets are held. And yesterday as people arrive early what I might've purchased had already been taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home