My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Protest Songs...

Is anyone writing them any more? Or do they just get ignored by radio stations...

There were so many when I was growing up usually against war and poverty.

Then in the 1980's in the UK at least it was more political and aggressive.

Now many people are unhappy and grumble about their lives and what Governments are doing but its mainly all done in private amongst friends or people(me included)making our views known which perhaps gets rid of frustration but that's all.

On the back of the death of a Prime Minister(loved and loathed)in equal measure it appears(and it probably is in bad taste)that this weekend the number one song in the national charts will be from the old film musical The Wizard Of Oz "Ding, Dong The Witch Is Dead"

It has emerged that the BBC may consider not playing it. They'd say out of respect but if it does succeed in being high in the charts/number one it should be played. If played without any comment it is just another song(even if we know the reason behind it being there)and it will still be there whether played or not. It will soon be forgotten and perhaps by not playing it gives it more kudos.

Update:It will be played on the chart show on Sunday but only for 5 seconds! The track only lasts 51 seconds...to me that is one of the silliest decisions I have come across.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home