My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Gave In...

Well I was buying my computer magazine, my treat to myself...and passed by the reduced area in the supermarket. Oh if money was no object and space in the freezer. There was so much lamb and beef. I came away with £6 of beef for £2. If I portion it out that will do 4 meals if added to vegetables. I can do stews/casseroles and various other options. With my medical problems I am not supposed to eat lots of red meat. I may be able to stretch it even further.

I needed some more tomatoes, cucumber and grapes. When I go to the Food Festival(I so hope the weather improves)at the weekend I really doubt that I need that much. I am thinking...cakes, bread and jams/chutneys. Its an excuse for a day out.

Last night and today has been very blustery and I have been blown all over the place.

Found this...and though aimed at Farmer's Markets in America it is true of such markets anywhere...

13 Things You Should Know About Farmer's Market

I am seriously thinking of baking bread again or if I buy because I can make a loaf last between 1-2 weeks its not costing too much. I have decided that probably my favourite loaves are(or what I want to try are)Bloomers, Sourdough, Soda and soft Farmhouse Batch loaves.

Last night I purchased my first glass Kilner jar. Why? To store the sourdough when I start to grow my live culture that you feed and use to make the next loaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home