My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Food Programme...

On BBC Radio took the subject of whether eating three square meals a day at a set time is no longer happening and that people are spending their time snacking or grazing and that sitting at a table and having a meal with "The Family" is a thing of the past.

I have yet to hear the programme for myself(it is available on line to listen to or download)The Death Of Three Square Meals Its available for approx one year from now...

I would say that it is probably true and I can think of a number of reasons off the top of my head.

Working strange hours.
Many of us live alone.
Many are on a low income.
Many no longer feel that they need three meals so often can survive on one or two meals daily.
As you get older and more sedentary in your lifestyle you do not feel as hungry.
However, it does not necessarily mean that you will not get all the vitamins and minerals your body requires daily or the calorific value.
Also you can top up your vitamins/minerals with some supplements.

If you have a close family and do live together or close by it is nice to share a meal but modern life makes it very difficult.

And the only we become many of us end up in care either in a home or have carers coming in o our homes. And again because of time restraints the food that is served up unless you are pretty wealthy leaves a lot to be desired.

I eat when hungry. I don't worry what time of day or night it is. I don't worry if I have what would be seen as a proper meal or picking on throughout the day as most what I eat will be salad or fruit based anyhow.

Today, was not a bad day in the reduced area of the Supermarket and I timed it right...I found £20($30.38)of salmon for £2.10($3.19)£2.50($3.80)of potatoes for 75p($1.14)and £5($7.59)of sausages for £2.50. So that seemed quite good to me.

I am thinking of making some home made fish cakes(flaked salmon, leeks, mashed potato and cheese)coated in egg and bread crumbs...

And possibly another quick meal Scrambled Eggs with some flaked samon included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home