My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, February 22, 2013

I Ended Up At The Supermarket Again...Sorry.

And managed to kill almost 2 hours which considering that I know it like the back of my hand, have a limited income and buy very little, I don't know how I make time drag as long as I do.

I don't buy newspapers and magazines(sweets rarely)as the money can be spent on food and made to stretch further. I still try to buy one magazine and hope that I always can as it helps make my time on the internet better. That's my treat!

I found a chicken dinner worth £2.50 reduced to 46p(It did)but I have had better I have to admit(I am happy that I did not pay the full price)it had two small roast potatoes, sliced chicken and vegetables. If I was going to pay full, Bird's Eye do a better meal which has more ingredients and is presented in a nicer way. I found some more bread buns for 21p(not as good as the other night 5p)but still a bargain.

I wanted some skimmed milk(I can buy in another SM)4pints for £1 but not in this one but for some reason Semi-skimmed can be purchased at that price so this time I decided to go for that.

Generally I am working my way through some of what I have in my food store and using up some of the items that are getting a bit past their best before dates and will build up a new selection again...

I can't make my own sausages but have some in the house which I opened up and turned into meatballs(I am going to add some apple)and make my own version of what would cost me much more if I purchased them in the supermarket.

Always learning and doing what I can to save money...Lately the supermarkets are selling higher quality sausages at half price so you get better one's for what you'd pay for the not so good one's IYSWIM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home