My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Young 'Uns...

Wednesday night I was at the local Town Hall watching a trio of male singers who are in great demand around the festival circuit. They sing a variety of songs mainly unaccompanied and accapella.

I can't say that I knew any of their material as much of it was either self penned or from the folk song catelogue.

It should have no bearing on the group whatsoever and they don't make a big thing of the fact that one member is either blind or partially sighted(why should it)but though I have never ever seen them until Wednesday I feel that I recognise David Eagle from somewhere but cannot place where. Or perhaps I am just imagining that I know him.

They were very good and well received. The opening act(I forget his name I'm afraid was very good too)he sang mainly self penned songs accompanying himself on guitar and he sometimes appears at the free music club on the town which I now try to attend weekly. Most who appear there do so for no payment but a few guests do appear that need financial support and then there is a small cover charge. We have secured a band that are touring and that night you need a ticket and there will be a charge of £5.

Well, the temperature went down to 8c in the house I was going to go to bed, dive under the duvet(and have the electric blanket on)and possibly watch a little tv on the laptop and probably before I know it fall asleep. That was the plan but instead I carried on putting my music collection in order on here and listening to Solid Gold Gem AM on the internet as overnight it really is easy listening/no commercials/no DJ's overnight. But when there are presenters most don't talk over the music. And lately some new programmes are being added to the schedule. A country show on Saturday nights and soon a nightly one featuring the music of The Beatles.

I've had some small danish pastries and some coffee to warm me up. And a few minutes ago some toast and Marmite. And I may later this morning stretch to some porridge and fruit...

Feature on The Young 'Uns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home