My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

All I Ate On Monday Part Three...

A charity that tries to advise or help the elderly has sent an information pack on how to stay warm and eat well. To be honest its stating the obvious and most of it I know or could tell others the same.

The wearing of more clothes(hats, gloves, bed socks, scarves, thermals)layer clothing. Use hot water bottles or an electric blanket, drink warm drinks and have at least one hot meal(eat a decent variety of food)but the heating on and keep the main living room at 21c and bedroom at 18c.

At 15c they say there is a risk of hypothermia, heart attacks and strokes.

Well, once bills that cannot be avoided are paid often people are unable to afford to eat well/heat their homes, if they could they would not be wearing the extra clothes and avoiding using heating in the first place.

The average temperature in my own home is 10c-12c so it is already below what is considered safe.

So I laugh when they keep telling us to put the heating on regardless...someone has to pay it back, they are not going to give it for free.

And having seen the price of energy increase something like 150% in the last ten years but the profits of utility companies increase every year we have now been told that power stations are being taken off line early and the new policies of the Government for greener energy and building of nuclear power stations they say that we will need to import more gas so we will see bills increase which will cost more and as we cannot afford to pay now, I do wonder where we will be expected to find this extra amount.

There are only two options...don't use it, use it sparingly. But most companies have a standing charge so they still get money and if you use less they raise prices and take it off those who still use their service.

Prices never come down and by the time the new power stations come on line, I will either be so old and probably in care that I will see little if any benefit. Or will have long since left the planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home