My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

All I Ate On Monday Part Two...

Now many have add a reduction in help with the rent of between 14-25% with the new bedroom tax, and there is absolutely nothing spare for any treats, repair/replacement of items that wear out, clothes, shoes or to travel via public transport. It is very likely you will be spending more than they give you. It was already tight but now it is obvious why many will end up homeless or in rent arrears.

So this so called life of luxury the media and politicians portray for many is so misrepresented. You do need to be ill to hopefully be entitled to a little extra and to survive an already difficult situation.

But as we know benefits have been frozen for the next 3 years. And had that not happened any increase at best would have only been 1-2% which isn't much but is better than effectively being taken away. The rates would be better set to at least £100 but we are in very difficult times.

I believe that the threshold on savings is too low before help is given is too low. A more realistic figure would be around £20,000-£25,000($30,515.40-$38,144.25)for decades it has been £16,000($24,412.32)

I am sure that some very difficult times are ahead for many of us and we can only live a day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home