My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thinking Of Food Again...And Why Not!

For now...even though I am quite good at budgeting on food(I hope that I am)the next few days it is mainly ready meals but I may add extra vegetables to bulk them out.

I got three for £6($9.61. A saving of 90p($1.44)so that is around £2($3.20)daily but the rest of the week will be cheaper...

I have a chicken casserole with dumpling and gravy, liver and bacon(may add some more bacon and onion)and a chicken, bacon and leek pie(they say pie but its topped with mash potato)I can't remember if it has gravy or a creamy sauce of some kind. For quickness they can be cooked in the microwave. I'll get back to doing my own again and to be honest even if I do my own I can see no reason why I should not still be able to use the microwave if I use the timings on ready meals as my guide.

This may free so money up for treats so there is something to look forward to or could allow me to afford a bus somewhere or an extra couple of hours of heat.

If I can create some space in the freezer, I can get some Bird's Eye chicken and veg pies(4)whilst they are on offer for £2 and adding some extra veg etc...its a fairly good meal for around £1. I doubt that I could make them any cheaper. Anyone remember the Fray Bentos Pies?

I think they used to be very popular in years gone by...the local supermarket sells them at £2(there's enough for two meals if you are single)but they have them on offer of two for £3. And yet if you have access to the shops that sell items for £1, they have them in stock for that price for one so that is a better buy.

I think I could become a fan of them in the future...

As a friend of mine said said it is more important to be warm than worrying about food. Well after all you can go for quite some time without food and to some extent drink. But if you get cold there is the worry of hypothermia or becoming unconscious and even strokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home