My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Otis Redding...

There are many many artists I realise I know very little about. Perhaps if I survive long enough and can afford to access the internet I will be able to learn much more and hear much more of their music as I will never be able to afford to buy it, have the time to hear it all(I'd like to defy the laws of time)but it can't be done(and I know if I end up in a home)

I haven't enough to keep a computer going, let alone pay the connection fee and repair bills(they only give you pocket money)something like £25 per week(if that)so that will be fun having nothing to do all day...

Anyhow I digress...

At least the internet has radio stations and sites that play music often neglected by licensed broadcasters.

The following article was tweeted by a legend of the radio business in the UK Bob Harris. And it is kind of interesting as it gives the background to a song that is considered one of the greats "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay" released approx 45 years ago only 29 days after Otis had been killed in a plane accident.

It is an interesting piece giving the background to how the song was conceived, the thoughts of those who were involved at the time.

Then I Watch 'Em Roll Away Again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home