My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

I Am Getting Back To Normal...

When I talk about foodwidely grinning smiley

It has been said by some of the big supermarkets to expect the cost of food to increase over the next two years...not on luxury goods. Basic foods like vegetables.

All I'll have to do is continue to eat smaller portions, move ingredients around and stretch what I have.

I went to the new(supposedly cheaper supermarket on town today)Still managed to spend approx £13($21.13)Is this a good buy and value for money. Am I expecting too much for my money, it doesn't look much when you pack it away when you get home.

Tomatoes(six)but quite small(89p)
Cucumber(49p)
Celery(49p)
Salad mix(89p)
Semi Skilled Milk(4 pints)(£1)
Cheap loaf of bread(47p)
Wholemeal Buns(6)(49p)
Cup a soup(4 sachets)(54p)
Cheap packet of Jaffa Cakes(12)(39p)
Mixed diced veg for soups/stews(89p)
Closed Cup Mushrooms(89p)
A Butter Spread(99p)
A Ham Joint(£2.99)
Crisps Healthier Ones(6 packets)(89p)
Crumpets(6)37p

On this occasion no fruit or fish...no sweets...no alcohol.

Not having sweets won't do me any harm but when you are on a limited budget, I look at a bar of chocolate but think for that price I might be able to do a couple of meals and have a full stomach whereas the chocolate will not fill me. But I suppose we all need a treat now and again.

Considering that I eat mainly vegetables and vegetables are quite low on calorific value. I should be reasonably healthy. I do try to suppliment by adding small(and I mean small)portions of meat or fish for added protein but in reality, we only need a small amount and probably eat too much meat anyhow...we over work our bodies when we sit down to a big steak that covers half the plate.

I remember my Father often saying it was better to leave the table feeling you could eat a little more than be overfed.

Once again there has been a story suggesting that our Government should impose a kind of tax(increase the price)of food high in salt and sugar like some cereals etc or by forcing manufacurers to limit certain ingredients that a product contains but what you buy should be your choice. And sometimes it comes down to the money you have or rather don't have.

If I have a bowl of cereal and I prefer something that tastes more appetising than say plain Shreaded Wheat why shouldn't I have it? What matters is how often you have it and how big the portion is. And you can make your Breakfast different every day if you want to.

And if I have something slightly unhealthy later in the day, by adding vegetables or other items you have in your food store, you can offset the bad stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home