My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

OK...

I've grown my beard again. It wasn't planned. It just happened so we'll see if I shave it or let it continue a little while longer...

Funny how simple things can be enjoyable...

Around 4am I had a minestrone cup a soup...and even hours later as I lay in bed I still felt a lovely warm and comfort feeling.

TBH I was putting a meal together in the slow cooker for later, it is the usual fare. A small portion of belly pork that I had stripped most of the fat away. Some sausage meat, apple and sage balls. Both of these I browned off in a frying pan in a small amount of olive oil. Then I added into a kind of gravy a selection of vegetables(celery, potato, curly kale, broccoli, leek, cauliflower, carrot, red onion, onion, parsnip, mushrooms)

Another time I must throw in some peas and/or sweetcorn, its been quite some time since I had those.

Often it is prepared(it saves money and time)but I have repaired my mini chopper(the fuse had blown)and the other is a kind of hand operated chopper. The first is quick but chops everything finely, sometimes too fine. The other allows more control and so you make food more chunky. But again even that is quite quick.

There is enough for a couple of meals too.smiley cooking emoticon

Tell you the truth I saw a programme on TV yesterday and quite like the look of mutton but it's difficult to find. The best I can do is a lamb and mutton mince combination in a local supermarket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home