My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sausages...

Never say never...I may eat them again as they are but a few cooks on tv are now showing recipes where they take a sausage, take the skin away and slice or roll the sausagemeat and fry or bake them so they are like meatballs.

The more I think about it...why not? It is no different to using any meat and adapting it in any meal.

I have been surprised at just how much meat is in a sausage, often much more than at first appears.

It even makes you wonder why it has taken until now to realise this little trick but why should it not work. You can buy sausage meat for use in a variety of ways...always learning...

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

With sausages nobody should say never! They are usually very good and EVERY country despite creed, colour, climate, religion etc have their own versions. Clearly sausages aren't usually made with the best cuts and nearly always include fat but there are a myriad of good quality sausages out there: buying a freezer pack of 40 for a quid one shouldn't expect 'gourmet' food but there are good cheap sausages out there without resorting to crud. :-)

8 January 2013 at 12:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have some lovely "Better" ones in the freezer(reduced)but perhaps it is a good idea to treat yourself even if you have them less often.

8 January 2013 at 12:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home