My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Off My Food Again...

Well, I say that I am...I have seen some lovely images of some meals I would love to be eating now and I can almost taste them but it is having to prepare it myself and making the effort, if someone said here's a meal all cooked or come and join us and it was just to be eaten that would be lovely.

I think that I could make myself do more even if I was cooking for two...

It's a bit misleading saying I am off food, its just that I am not as hungry but some might say that is the same thing.

Tomorrow I may try to cook a kind Sunday lunch with potatoes or mashed potatoes, vegetables, gravy and some meat(I may cheat and use up my Quorn Chicken Pieces)in fact I could do most of this in the slow cooker so I have no excuse that it won't be easy.

For now I'll have a cup a soup...

Right, update...

I have some pork meatballs to use up so I am going to use some of them, some kind of gravy, they are past their date but seem ok so I'm going to slice up some leeks, put some potatoes in their too, may add some frozen veg too, stick it in the slow cooker and see what comes out...couldn't be an easier meal really, no effort to speak of.

If I set it away mid morning tomorrow, I can have a decent meal before I go to the theatre tomorrow night.

I may just go for something simple seeing it is evening now and have some cereal, fruit and milk...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That idea went by the way...

I'll take a bottle of water and a couple of cereal bars with me to the theatre and have something when I return and as I probably will be up quite late it won't matter if I eat late...

If I don't get a taxi home, the last bus home is 22.55 and I won't be back here until 23.35. Ideally if there had been one maybe at 22.30 that would have been great.

9 September 2012 at 15:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That idea went by the way...

I'll take a bottle of water and a couple of cereal bars with me to the theatre and have something when I return and as I probably will be up quite late it won't matter if I eat late...

If I don't get a taxi home, the last bus home is 22.55 and I won't be back here until 23.35. Ideally if there had been one maybe at 22.30 that would have been great.

9 September 2012 at 15:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's all I need...the heavens have opened and its a proper downpour. And chances are there won't be anywhere open to shelter until the theatre opens unless I stay in the bus station :-( being that it is Sunday. I guess I better switch to another coat that may offer protection against the weather.

9 September 2012 at 15:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home