My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, September 08, 2012

I'll Review My Theatre Show Soon...

I managed to use the buses for a change and doing so I saved £17 of taxi fares and luckily it worked like clockwork...So that means I have a little extra in my pocket or perhaps can see an extra show if something comes up.

Left my town 18.05. Arrived at the town where the theatre is approx 18.30. That bus was near the next stop  that runs to outside the theatre so I was there for approx 18.45. It came out around 21.45 and a bus arrived over the road at 21.54 back to the town centre and the bus to bring me home arrived at 22.20 and I was back in my town around 22.35 and home by 23.05. But I was shattered walking from the bus stop to home and had to go straight to bed and lay down taking pain killers. I need  to allow plenty of time.

That was the worst part of the night but I have to say I did not feel frightened or vulnerable being in amongst people on a busy Friday night at a variety of pubs etc...when I got back to my own town I was alone and did not see anyone all the way home.

Update:Not a good night of sleep I'm afraid, I could not get comfortable, I was in pain(and the painkillers did not help much)it took until near 6am to finally manage to drift off...

I hear the theatre is approx 10 minutes from the bus station where I am tomorrow so I may use the bus to go there but this time get a taxi home for my comfort and safety. We'll see...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


Yes electric does seem very expensive these days. I too am trying to get the consumtion down. I got a free OWL meter from the electric company,and have noticed that even the old electric door chimes and the aerial amp in the loft uses a tiny amount- not a lot sure - but they are on all the time so over the year it can mount up, so I am switching them off and people can use the knocker instead.

8 September 2012 at 08:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon said,
"people can use the knocker instead"

I like that :-)

Roughly I hear washer's, tumble driers and kettles are high on the juice. They say TV's, cookers and computers, radio's are not too bad.

I did hear a fridge/freezer is around £36 annually to run...

That you can roughly do 20 meals in a microwave for one Kwh of electric. So again that has to be less than using a big electric oven.

It's not just the power to take into account but if the oven is smaller it has less space to heat up. Another reason for using a slow cooker too which they say uses similar power to a light bulb.

I can't see a way around the problem...and even having a monitor if you already are cutting back won't help and some items need to be used. The coming year(where ever I am)it will be interesting to see what I use considering that I think I am such a light user.

8 September 2012 at 10:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad all went well at the concert, Gildy. I look forward to the review! :o)

Man I do know that feeling of having to load up on painkillers after an outing. :o(

Sometimes it takes me all week to recover...but it's usually worth it! :o)


Jan

8 September 2012 at 13:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending the link on MSE. As a new user I am limited in the messages I can send. I will have a read through your blog. Love glam girl cx

8 September 2012 at 16:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank You GG,
Thank you for showing interest

Gildy/Pops xx

8 September 2012 at 16:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home